Thursday, March 16, 2006



The Ire Of Cancer Sticks

It’s hard for me to put into words just how irritating and downright angry I get at cigarette smokers. Smoking is a disgusting and reprehensible filthy habit, there is nothing sophisticated about giving a blow job to about what, a thousand or so chemicals, nothing cool about spreading your grimy smoke all over others who do not want to be around that shit.

I have never in my life been around smokers so completely inept of courteous behavior, devoid of the ability to see how fucking completely and totally rude they are when they light up in a group. Let me give you the basic scenario:

We have meetings here, all the time. That’s part of what being in the military is all about. Technically, it’s an informal formation. For whatever reason, even on days when everyone has had the ENTIRE fucking day off, smokers choose that time when we have our meetings to go ahead and light up while standing in the midst of everyone, puffing away on that repulsive smoldering tar stick, as though they are the only persons around.

Oh and then mention something NICELY to them about not smoking around people and they laugh, as though it’s some joke to pollute my and everyone else’s lungs in the area who have no intention of smoking and feel the same way I do about it. So then you have to be downright mean and tell them straight up to put the cigarette out. For me this means pulling rank, which I don’t like to do, but with people who are completely at a loss for manners and common decency, I guess that they just need to be treated like fucking children, and scolded like a bunch of 1st graders. I’ve even had to go so far as having formal formations just to get my point across, since the informal group meetings seem to be invitations to smoke away, oblivious to how offensive and discourteous their behavior is.

And how ridiculous is it that smokers are designated their own breaks to take care of their habits, whether it be at work or whatever. If you are a non smoker, are you able to ask for 3 or more 15 minute breaks during your work period. Oh some of us are, but I’ve been around work settings, military and otherwise, where people act like “You don’t smoke, what do you need a break for?” Well fucknut, if you are giving a break to them it’s only fair that you give a break to everyone, common sense dictates that, dipshit!!

I wonder sometimes if I should feel bad for anyone who has such a pathetically poor self image or self esteem that they feel the need to put that shit in their body in the first place. This goes for smoking weed or other drugs. It’s no religious belief or country hick upbringing of mine either, its fucking common sense, a person should work to fulfill their lives in other ways. This is how I’ve always felt about this. My strong desire to NOT smoke cigarettes or other items is by no means a weakness or character defect, if anything the complete audacity and immaturity of anyone who would believe that is utterly appalling, especially considering that it is character defects and weaknesses that draw people into tobacco and drugs.

Normally I wouldn’t judge anyone on this basis, but lately I’ve become perturbed with smokers in general deployed around me, our unit must have about 65% smokers, at LEAST, and their lacksidasical attitude about being considerate to others pisses me off, to be blunt. That and a couple of other distant recollections of comments about it, and I figured I would get my point across. I’m not concerned about stepping on toes, if you smoke, you are the one fucking stupid enough to sign your own death warrant, don’t drag me in with you. I love the moronic statements smokers defend themselves with, like “well, something has got to kill me.” Oh, yah, so let’s take chance out of the equation and incur the equivalent of a 40 to 50 year suicide rather than let mother nature take it’s course.

Smoking is just as sure suicide as putting the barrel of a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger. It just happens to take a bit longer for the cancerous bullet to do it’s dirty deed. Got a problem with my opinions on this matter? So fucking what, I can’t even come up with a reasonable equivalent as to an analogy for how smokers treat others, save for maybe going right up to where you are eating, dropping my pants and taking a shit on your plate, because that’s how violating smoke is to non smokers.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a…
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of…
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Ænema – Tool

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap, good thing bell never smoked :p

Old Grey Frog said...

Hey! I used to smoke. I quit. Everyone makes a few mistakes in their life. I'm sure that Bell has realized her past mistakes and has grown. Now...will you still love and support her when she goes blind from macular degeneration...like I will...maybe. Owwww! No-one ever warned me that I might go blind if I smoked and it didn't matter if I quited because the damage was already done. Pray for the eye-sight of all of us who used to smoke when we were young and stupid.