Saturday, August 19, 2006


Decisions, Decisions

Well, we have to pick from several different combat patches to wear on our uniform to designate who we were tasked under while in Iraq. We did a lot of work with some pretty prestigious divisions over here.

The 19th Airborne Corps (Airborne Dragons)
The 4th Infantry Division
The 101st Airborne Division
The 82nd Airborne Division
The 485th Support Battalion (Germany)

Now, the 19th was in charge of us for the first month we were here, overall in charge of the Army portion of Ali Air Base, which is Camp Adder. After they left, the 16th CSB took over, and the 485th was in charge of us. But they were tasked under the other three in support of the 4th, the 101, and the 82nd, at different times depending upon our mission.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t mind any of those three. Everyone in the unit is voting on which one they want to wear, but for someone like me, who will be in a different unit, I can pick any of the patches I want to wear. The vote has overwhelmingly been for the 101st Airborne, but to be honest, I would rather have the 82nd Airborne patch. Doesn’t much matter though, I’ll be allowed to wear whichever one I want, although I will pick just one, unlike some asses I’ve seen over here who have several different patches on different uniforms.

I also got two packages in the mail from my brother in law. The cookies were awesome, but please, no more haha. I have to try and get myself into tip top condition, so even though I ate some (due to my lack of self control), I ended up giving the rest away, everyone loved them. Everything else was awesome too, koolaid is always great to have. I really appreciated it.

No comments: