Saturday, August 19, 2006


Pedal To The Metal

Okay, I’ve been playing Need For Speed Underground II a lot again lately. When I was back home, midas and I played the hell out of NFSU, the first version, and I really enjoyed it. I went out and bought the second about 2 days before my deployment started, packed it up with the playstation in a box to be shipped over to Iraq.

One problem, I didn’t send the instructions with the game, but no problem, I just played the crap out of the game till I figured out what everything did. I think once I got settled here at Camp Adder, even though I was up at like 5 every morning and done at 5 in the afternoon, I probably played that game for about 5 hours a day. I took an old Toyota Corolla, probably 1988 or so, and built the car up continuously, spent about 100,000 game dollars on it, till the car was like 50 percent carbon fiber and 50 percent motor haha. 0-60 in like 2 seconds, 220 mph top speed, that sort of thing, lots of fun.

So since I’ve been working nights we set the game up out at the ops center and we’ve been playing it quite a bit while we monitor all the commo stuff. I’m trying to solve the game one last time and actually get all of the different unique parts and unlock everything in the game. I still haven’t gotten the freaking scissor style doors yet, among other things. The dumb game though will tell you “CONGRATULATIONS, you have solved the game” when it says like “91% COMPLETED” which makes no sense. Oh well. This game is by far the most time I have spent playing any Playstation game here in Iraq. I know, someone is missing her PSII, sorry baby hehe, you’ll have it back soon.

I’ll have to spend a few hours kicking midas’ ass in it though *ponders* HAH!!



Current Lyrical Ramblings

Now I'm alone, the telephone
Don't tell me you don't need me
I ask you why, you tell me lies
And say the truth would hurt me.

Someday – Glass Tiger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll just see about that you newborn calf. I shall revert back to the game of old though...