Saturday, August 19, 2006


Random thoughts

Congratulations to my baby on hitting expert on the rifle range!

Pepsi still tastes like Coke, but for the last month I’m here I will drink NO soda and I will try to keep myself to drinking just water or very watered down fruity drinks (weakened Koolaid) at the chow hall. September is set to be my ‘get healthy and get ready to go home’ month.

I should be running more, but I haven’t been. The last run I did was the 4th of July 4 mile run here on post, out of 255 people, I finished 22nd. But another guy in my unit finished 15th. ARG! I will work out more but…

The problem with my chest is still there and it makes it tough to really run hard, because it’s hard to breathe. I still haven’t gotten word about my blood tests I had done here, I am not expecting much.

Working at night is getting so boring, but that’s what you’d expect, 12 hours from 2100 at night till 0900 in the morning, we don’t get a whole lot of visitors, at times it’s like being glorified janitorial workers, but oh well, it’s important that the operations center is up and running 24 hours a day.

When you are bored, time can go by pretty slow. Thankfully we got the tv up running in the ops center with a partial listing of channels. But we have both movie channels, the sports channel, and a news channel, so that’s good. There is one more channel but I haven’t watched it enough to know what the hell it is. Last night it had Sesame Street on. Not my thing, honestly, it’s not.

I cleaned my room the other day. Top to bottom, everywhere. In the military they have this stuff called pine oil, and it’s not really the most pleasant smell like Pine Sol, but it’s one of those smells that I can only refer to as a ‘military smell’, because much like the CLP lubricant for the weapons, or the kiwi boot polish for the black boots (yah, I’m an old school military man, I remember the black leather boots, it was only 2 years ago but damn there has already been a lot of changeover, new people coming in). I shouldn’t really say that the smell is BAD, because the room smells all hygienic and clean now, but I would prefer pine sol or even murphy’s oil soap.

All my albums in my mp3 collection are labeled now. Took forever to find some of the albums that the songs came from, and the years that they were recorded, especially on some of the compilation cds I have. There were times I scoured 6 to 8 different web sites trying to find out when my Rock On UK Sony Promotional cd was recorded, or to find out that The Bog was released only as a single in 1990 (there were some songs that took forever to find on those 2 cds, quite the mix of music). I did discover a few things too, some irritating. I wonder why the hell Madonna did not put the “I Remember” song from the movie “With Honors” on her second greatest hits cd, I’ve always liked that song and I never realized it wasn’t on there. Bah, oh well.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Technology, the battle's unfair
You pull the hammer without a care
Squeeze the trigger that makes you Man
Pseudo-safari, the hunt is canned...

Countdown To Extinction – Megadeth

No comments: