Thursday, August 31, 2006


Please Buy This Car, We Won't Try Very Hard Though To Sell It

AutoTrader.com is a website where a seller pays a fee to post an advertisement online to sell a car. Many of the cars that are advertised are at dealerships. One that caught my eye was an advertisement for a bright yellow (obviously not factory paint) 1993 Eagle Talon DL. The car had ugly seats colored yellow and black, a big silly looking spoiler wing on the back, cheap aftermarket rims, and aftermarket Walmart style fog lamps.

The 'Car Details' portion of the advertisement went as follows:

1993 EAGLE TALON STREET RACER, FAST & FURIOUS WANNABE
CAR FOR THE KID THAT HAS EVERYTHING BUT A FUNCTIONING BRAIN,
PERFECT FOR THOSE DATES WITH BIG GIRLS WEARING TIGHT CLOTHES
FOR THAT 10LBS OF CRAP IN A 5LB BAG LOOK. R U TEEN ENOUGH
TO DRIVE THIS 1? GET IN HERE WITH YOUR STEPDADS $


Wow, as soon as I read this I wanted to immediately go out and buy this car. What an amazing car this must be for someone to describe the car this way. The truly funny thing is that, according to the ad, it's a dealership selling this car, meaning someone actually paid to post this on the website.

I read further, and under the description of 'Exterior Paint', I find this:

Black
Tennessee Blue Metallic
Bright White
Banzai Blue Metallic
Bluish Red Metallic
Deep Green Pearl Metallic
Medium Quartz Metallic
Radiant Fire Red


Now, I don't see yellow listed anywhere in there, so I have to assume that, if you mix all of these colors together you get Bright Tennessee Banzai Pearl Effervescent Yellow? I guess I just don't remember my primary colors from art class as well as I should? Oh well. The ad went on further to describe the engine of the car as 'disappointing', of course bolstering my desire to buy the car even more.

Click here on 1993 Eagle Talon to read more about it, and maybe even buy this beauty, that is if I don't get to it first!!!

No comments: