Monday, August 28, 2006



H2O Anyone?

Well, we loaded up bottles of water all stacked on pallets, onto our flatbeds last night. We were out there from about 2200 till about 2 in the morning. That was okay though, it would have been so much hotter to have done it during the day.

Part of what takes so long is putting the side boards up on the trailers. We all carry enough side boards so we can make our flatbed into a cargo carrier type of trailer, but the side boards are in such crappy condition that it requires a lot of work to get them all into place, and then usually you have to use some cargo straps to secure everything.

Once that was all completed we all headed back to our tents and everyone played some poker. Now, I am a horrible poker player, and I cringe to admit this, but I forked over 30 bucks the night before last, and 40 bucks last night, in some sort of wallet lightening exercise that did nothing more than to reinforce that, yes, I do suck at poker.

I'm going to have to get myself a playstation game to learn to play the basics of the game, but I still think that going all in when I have two tens with another 10 out on the board was not a bad move, well, until the jackass to my left got himself a boat on the river, arggg!! The problem with this group of guys is that they like to go in for like 5 bucks before you see ANY cards, they are just betting on nothing, or if they have anything remotely close that might bring them a boat or flush or something, it's really irritating. And they are poor winners/losers too, bitching about everything. It's tough for me to play that way when I'm just having fun.

From now on it's back to what I was doing before: $5 limit per night, and don't play to win, just play to have fun. Oh, and don't anyone go sending me a playstation game or anything, I don't have time left here to learn the game all that well. I'll do that when I get home me thinks.

Time to go pack up my gear and get it on the truck!! Well, after the 40 minute walk back from the computer center that is :)

No comments: