Sunday, July 2, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!!!





One year ago today I became the luckiest man on the planet. I married the most amazing woman I have ever met. I remember 02July05 as being a hectic day. Up around 0500 because I couldn’t sleep. Getting the clubhouse set up for our wedding, making a lot of last minute preparations, picking things up, and finally, picking up belly from that expensive flight home, both of our families together, waiting for that special moment when two lives were joined as one.

Although this year has not been ideal, we have made the best of the situation. 11 of 365 days spent together, 11 amazing days. But only a prelude of what’s to come. I have a few more months in the Sand Box before we get to be together once again. There are so many things I want to do in my life, so much I want to experience, but how special can these moments be without someone to spend those times with?

I have not always been the easiest person to live with, this much I know. There was so much I had to learn, situations I didn’t know how to deal with, friends who deserved much better treatment along the way. Despite all of this, one person was always there to help me stay centered, to pick up the pieces when I let things fall apart. I’m so thankful she never gave up on me, that she chose to share her life, her dreams with me.

It’s likely we would have been planning our full scale wedding right about now, a more formal and traditional setting than our quick ceremony one year ago today, but you know, I wouldn’t change a thing. For all these experiences help to make us who we are as a couple, our times apart help us to understand just how much we love and need one another. I know one thing for sure, there will storms from time to time, but the key is to never give up, to weather the rough times, because they always do pass. I will never give up on us, I know we are meant to be. I love you baby.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sendin' all my love
Along the wire

Faithfully – Journey

No comments: