Thursday, February 9, 2006



Turning On The TV In My Mind

I'm about to discuss something that has been going on lately that is likely to surprise a few people, belly included. I've read about a dozen books since I got to Iraq, about 8 to 10 in the last month since I began doing convoys. I've dabbled in Tom Clancy of course, read a little Clive Cussler, been enthralled by Michael Chrichton, and freaked out reading Dean Koontz.

During a 3 or 4 day period last week I was burning thru about a book every 24 hours, and I realized that I read stuff too fast haha. But seriously, I just picked up a dozen more books in a box when we were staying at Rasputan or Rumpleforeskin or whatever this base we went to was called, the name hurt my head trying to even remember it.

In time I'm going to do a few reviews of the books I've read thus far.

1 comment:

Mink said...

YAY! My baby is reading! That doesn't surprise me, though. I know you like to read. I just know that you like Tharsis more *snicker*.
I certainly hope you aren't planning on reading when you come home on leave because you aren't going to get much done.