Monday, February 6, 2006



Terrible Bath Towel!!

So, here we are again, in our second home in Iraq, whose name happens to be a synonyn with serpent, snake, python, well, you get the picture. We have honestly spent more time here than we have in Tallil since the beginning of the year. We got in just before the end of the first quarter, I think maybe around 3 in the morning. So a few of us headed over to the transient housing tv room and watched the game on the big screen television with about 20 other soldiers who were already present.

Anyways, there are a couple of Steeler fans in there and one of them happens to have this yellow towel he is waving around and hooting and hollering, which made me kind of chuckle. SPC Jansen started cheering for Seattle, not because he's a Seattle fan, but because Jansen seems to enjoy riling people up, just to be funny. And to be honest, it was quite funny watching him bitching and moaning, trying to be so serious, while Mr Terrible Towel yacked it up with him about seemingly every play, much to the faux mournful disposition of one SPC Jansen.

Of course I joined in with my usual assortment of odd comments and insanity. All of our guys laughed when I asked aloud about the possibility of purchasing a Terrible Bath Towel. Unfortunately Mr Terrible Towel didn't seem to get my humor he just turned with this questioning look on his face, but his buddy laughed, so at least I know I still have some ability to move the masses thru my outlandish behavior.

I am quite ashamed, as the self admitted rabied football fan that I am, to admit that I was unable to stay awake for the game and I had to go to bed. Of course, I can imagine belly is cackling about that one, knowing how I normally walk thru fire and eat broken glass just to watch a good football game. Not sure how good this one was, as I said before, our fake Seahawk's fan had a ball pretending to NOT enjoy the game, and he had ample opportunity to act out his frustration. All in all, it was pretty funny, something to giggle away about as I slipped off into oblivious sleep and dreams of San Diego and snuggling away with my girl.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Midnight the moons up, hands around your tin cup
The frost settles in on the sage
The night gettin' colder, well man you're gettin' older
Tonight you're feeling your age

Ridin' For A Fall - Chris Ledoux

No comments: