Thursday, August 11, 2005



Omaha to Pensacola

Thank God for the decision to wear blue jeans versus shorts, considering that these airports seem to be kept at roughly the same temperature as oh, I’d say a meat locker. When you do end up getting on the plane, there are certainly plenty of interesting things to make note of. “USE BOTTOM CUSHION FOR FLOTATION”. Yes, all those stories we hear of those amazing life saving seat cushions that help crash survivors keep themselves from drowning when the plane makes a pit stop in the ocean or river.

“We’d like to remind you that this is a ‘non-smoking flight’. As opposed to the smoking flights they have these days? “Oh, geesh, I think I’ll wait for the next ‘smoking flight’ if you don’t mind”. How ignorant is that? There are NO flights that allow smoking (thank God) so why not just say “No smoking on any flights, light up and you will immediately be killed.”

I rode in seat “E” from Omaha to Memphis. Oddly enough there was no seat “C”, I guess that seat fell off during an earlier flight at some time. I was fortunate enough, as cramped as the seating was, to be crammed in between two female passengers, both probably around 20 years old and both pretty cute. Yes, I know “HEY, you are married”. Actually being married is nice because it lets you off the hook as far as conversation, it is no longer a prelude to flirting or anything else, it’s just blabbing haha.

I wonder if they ever wash those blue blankets? Hmmm, I just won’t think about it I guess, considering I used a blanket on both flights from Omaha to Memphis and from Memphis to Pensacola.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

La la la la la la la la la

BYOB – System Of A Down

1 comment:

erynthenerd said...

Actually, I believe you can smoke on international flights.