Friday, August 12, 2005



DISASTER AREA

Packing sucks. How far am I into it? Who knows? I have 9 huge boxes, along with another 5 crates, all packed up so far. I want to be done moving everything out by Sunday, with just maybe the television and phone left in the apartment, so that I’ll have a full three days to work on JUST getting ready for the deployment. Oh and everything I’m taking with me Wednesday to Wayne to report for duty will also be here I’m sure.

Here’s the basic plan. My mother doesn’t think she will have any problem watching the cats, which was a HUGE relief. Up till now, the plan had been to find an efficiency apartment to put all of our stuff into, but the last few days have shown that, the idea of having 3 cats in an apartment without people around, well, landlords are quite leery of that. So when talking to my mother, she has decided that she wouldn’t have a problem watching the cats, as long as we pay her for their care, which seems fair to me.

So all of our stuff can go into a storage unit, which will actually work out a lot better. I’ve probably been overloading the boxes, but oh well, just hope the movers are strong people, if that’s how it ends up getting moved to wherever belly is going to be stationed. That’s the difficult part in all of this, I have to pack everything up into boxes and store it, then she’s going to be the one unpacking everything later on, with ‘who knows who’ going to do the actual moving of our belongings.

I’m marking all of the boxes with numbers, then I have a master list of ‘what’s what’ in each of the boxes, that way there is nothing written on the boxes themselves to give any thiefy type person any ideas if they were to see see ‘dvd player/cds’ written on the side of a box. Then I’ll map out the storage unit so that belly will know exactly where everything is. I need to write down all phone numbers and addresses of credit card companies, banks, cell phone company, etc, so that she can handle any problems that may arise. I’ll also need to set up all of my accounts on auto pay while I’m gone, so that the money will be automatically taken out of my checking account to pay the bills.

HAHA, SO much to do!! I can’t allow myself to get too overwhelmed, that is for sure. Speaking of that, what the hell am I still doing here? I need to get going and check out two storage unit facilities!! MORE LATER!!


Current Lyrical Ramblings

I can transcend you and mentally bend you
But I can't handle the shit that I'm into
I have been blinded and always reminded
Of the things I've wanted but I never could find

Starless – Crossfade

No comments: