Friday, August 12, 2005


I'll Take The Whole Pie

I have never really gotten into the ‘downloading’ music phase on the internet. I guess for me the reasoning is more than just the idea that I’m stealing from someone, because quite frankly, I could give a damn less about artists who make millions of dollars a year bitching, because God knows I’ve spent 18 dollars a cd on probably 100 of my cds before the price finally went down.

No, my reasons are a little bit different. Take the cd I’m listening to right now, Default, The Fallout. There are two fantastic songs that were hits on this cd, but there are several other wonderful songs, such as Sick And Tired which I’ve highlighted below as the song currently playing. Another fabulous song is One Late Night, and these are songs that, had I just taken the two hits off the internet, I would have never known I liked.

There are so many examples of this. The newest cd I have purchased is Breaking Benjamin, We Are Not Alone. I love this cd, every song is fantastic, and in all honesty, in this case, I like the songs that are NOT hits more than any of the hit songs. The entire cd is lyrically well presented and sounds great.

This is the reason why I don’t like to get my music off the internet, plus I’m a bit of a purist, to answer those who would say “why don’t you just download the entire cd.” I like having the real thing so to speak. Anyways, this has been brought to you by “taking a break from packing” so it’s time to get back to busting my ass ahahaha.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

I feel this, this tension inside of me
Pressure is presently pushing down on me
The first time it starts with just you and I
Repeating myself but you don't hear me

Sick And Tired – Default

No comments: