Tuesday, June 21, 2005

July 2nd Wedding

That's the plan. Belly has 72 hours of liberty, and she's trying to get authorized to leave the base to get married over 4th of July weekend, from late Friday until Monday night at midnight. I'm applying for the marriage license today, which included getting a bunch of information from her parents yesterday, and a little from my parents (I knew most of theirs already). Other things to get done: purchasing the wedding bands, picking a judge to do the wedding, and finding a good location to actually have the wedding at.

I've picked out a nice place to go eat afterwards, Valentino's Grand Italian Buffet in Omaha, we have the party room reserved, for roughly 35 people. They will provide white linens for the table and fall colors for the napkins and room itself. All in all, we are trying to keep this very laid back yet still meaningful, with the idea of having a regular ceremony when we get back. I've invited my groomsmen, my immediate family, Belly's parents and grandparents, and her brother. She and I are excited, but also about seeing each other again.

Everything is moving so fast now, it's tough to keep it all in perspective sometimes. In just over 4 months, I'll be in Iraq. I've picked up some extra responsibility while we are mobilizing and when get to Iraq, doing a bi-monthly newsletter to be sent home to the family, and with that I'm also going to start a website, Belly will help me with it stateside, doing the webmaster activities, more on that later.

Current Lyrical Ramblings

Life is like the coldest winter
People freeze the tears I cry
Words of hail their minds are into
I've got to crack this ice and fly

Hitch A Ride - Boston

No comments: