Saturday, June 25, 2005

7 Days Till A Union

Some people may call marriage the end of life as they know it. I suppose for some that might be true. We are looking into this as enhancing what we have already achieved. This is my best friend, the person I would most want to be with when something great has happened, the person I most need to lean on when something is troubling me. I can't imagine where I would be right now had she and I not found one another.

7 days... we purchased the plane tickets, nothing like 600 dollars to bring her home. I received the marriage license back and the engagement ring, so I can take the ring in and get it ready with the band for the ceremony. We moved the meal after the ceremony to 3 in the afternoon because belly won't be in town till close to 11 a.m. on Saturday, and the ceremony was to be at noon, that's going to get pushed back a couple hours to give her time to get ready, and in case there is a delay with the flight.

Everything is moving fast, a week after the wedding my unit will be in Lincoln and Ashland for pre-deployment briefings and equipment/clothing issue, financial coverages, etc. Belly and I have a unique situation we have to deal with, well, several, come August there will be no permanent address for us, also, finding out how we can deal with BAH and other allowances when we are both in the military is troubling, my financial department was supposed to get back to me with some answer and they haven't yet, so I guess I'll have to do more studying to find out how it all affects my pay.

So, am I nervous?? Nah, not really, I'm excited. This is just continuing our life journey, she and I together, a natural progression of what was meant to be. Why be nervous when someone completes you as a person? No reason to be nervous if you ask me. I feel more content than anything else.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

We're sayin' our goodbyes
To the past and everything that ain't right
We won't waste another day
With all these silly things in our way

No Giving Up - Crossfade

No comments: