Thursday, August 21, 2003



Golf Is Totally Stressing Me, Time For A Break!

Tiger Woods, superstar golf athlete (if golfers can truly be called athletes, who knows?), took some time off from golf awhile back because he was 'burned out' and needed some time away. How exactly can he justify that? I mean, seriously, people who are damn good at golf make a really good living at it, they also get several months off a year. I certainly wish I could do that, because I'll tell you what, one day at my 9 dollar an hour job burns me out. But, unfortunately, I don't have the money to allow myself to do something like that, because takinga break from working means getting kicked out of my place and losing a lot of other things that I really need to survive.

But when I hear someone like Woods talking about being burned out, that really makes me laugh. Yes, I understand the media coverage is intense and that being under the spotlight is stressful, but come on, for 50 million a year, or whatever he is making when you add up his winnings and endorsement deals, I think I would put up with that. Hell, I'd do it for 10 percent of that, geesh, even 1 percent of that. A measly 500,000 for me and I have cameras following me around? Oh well.

Of course, Tiger doesn't help himself by acting like a big overemotional baby when he misses a put or has a bad drive, but then, even if he wasn't the cameras would still be there.

I shouldn't ride on Woods all that bad, because it's not just him that I hear complaining about things, the worst of the sports superstars complain about not having enough money, and justify wanting more than 11 million dollars a year with stupid assinined comments like "well, I'm only economically viable as a player for about 4, maybe 5 years, I have to think about my future you know?" Hello, earth calling jackass, normal human beings could put away 1 million dollars and live off the interest alone. Not only that, but perhaps you should think about a getting a JOB once your time on the field or in the ring or on the track has run out.

There is life beying sports, but you would be hard pressed to convince some of these idiots about it.

No comments: