Saturday, May 3, 2003



My Army PT Test Is Done!!

Well, I took the Army PT test this weekend, and I did well, met a couple of my goals and got close to my third goal.

Pushups: 100 in two minutes
Situps: 83 in two minutes
2 Mile Run: 11:57

I have no clue where I pulled 100 pushups out of. I did 60 in about the first 50 seconds, then rested for a bit, then began doing them in increments of 10. I got to 90 and starting thinking "wow, I could make 100" and from then on out it was just a push, one by one, to crest the century mark in pushups. I have never done that before, and it gave me a lot of hope about my situps. As it turns out I may have overdone the pushups because I got to 60 situps and I was really hurting. I cranked out as many after that as I could, but I can see I have work to do in the area of my situps if I want to reach 100 in 2 minutes.

The run was very painful, I overdid it just to break 12 minutes, my first mile time was 5:45 and from then on out it was just push push push to try and keep my pace going. I over-ate spaghetti at lunch, trying to load up carbs, and that hurt me. I will have to do a LOT of work yet in the run if I ever plan to get to 10:30 before the state army fitness challenge in August sometime.

Overall I was encouraged. I didn't like how hard I had to run to break 12 minutes, but I was surprised at how I was able to get 100 pushups. I'll work some on situps, and continue to press on with increasing my running ability, and hopefully in a couple months I'll be ready to really do well.

No comments: