Friday, April 4, 2003



The Osbournes? YIKES!!!

Okay, I have heard quite often about the Osbournes having a show of their own on MTV, and I scoffed at the notion that anyone could fill up a weekly half hour time slot with family interaction. With that in mind I never really watched the show. Well, lately, I have actually seen it a few times, and geesh, it's freaking addictive. I would assume that Ozzy himself has been declared legally dead at least half a dozen times over the course of his body polluting, drug and alcohol abusing life. Don't get me wrong, I do respect him for even being alive, and I love his music, the No More Tears album is very good, but watching him walk around on the show, he looks absolutely geriatric.

Sharon is hilarious, although she needs to kick the crap out of her daughter. Kelly Osbourne is a spoiled rotten little brat that needs to have her ass beat. I guess I'm a firm believer in the use of the spanking, and something tells me that Kelly didn't get NEAR enough of that. She complains about getting drunk, and for what? She's 17!!! She shouldn't even BE drinking, instead she's going about talking about how she's the "worst drunk ever" as though she's had a vast experience of drunken occasions with which to make this distinction. Hell, who knows, maybe she has. How as a parent does Ozzy tell his kids NOT to drink or do drugs when he has been blitzed or shitfaced off of probably about every drug known to man, and some not known? I guess it's the old adage, do as I say not as I do.

Then to see them all sitting around the table eating dinner, and the discussions they have with one another, be it nudity, masturbation, drinking, drugs, etc, anything taboo makes it to the dinner table to be discussed in front of steak and cans of pepsi. Sounds like home? Yah, doesn't to me either, but it is hard to turn the crap off, that is for sure.

I don't watch it week after week, just if I happen to catch it online is all. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't be able to handle all those little itty bitty horrible dogs. I like bigger dogs, and 'yap dogs' really annoy the crap out of me. It would be hard to avoid booting them like a football, I mean that in the most loving sense though, hehehe. Anyways, I'm getting off the topic here. I don't know if it's subliminal messages or what that keeps me watching that show, but non the less when it's on I tend to sit there open mouthed disbelieving what I'm seeing, that anyone could live so dysfunctionally and still stay together. I guess that's the key, when you've been thru THAT much, anything that you hear, regardless of how bizarre, becomes a drop in the bucket.

It sure makes for some wierd tv watching though, that's for sure.


No comments: