Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Irresponsible Rude Obnoxious Loud People

I'm sure everyone has been to a movie theater, a quiet restaurant, even libraries, and dealt with this before: the asinine self centered prick (or female prick I guess) who talks loudly on the cellphone without regard for anyone around him/her and then acts insulted and offended when someone actually "calls" them on it (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).

Well, Amtrak users dealt with this for 16 hours on a trip that left San Fransisco on its way to Oregon, before someone finally said something, to which the offensive cell phone user became belligerent, and the train ended up stopping just so police could remove her. Now, mind you she had been talking on a designated quiet car the ENTIRE 16 hours of the trip before someone finally said ENOUGH and confronted her:

Loud Cell Phone Talker Removed From Train

Quiet cars on Amtrak trains are designated as CELL PHONE FREE areas by obvious written signs, I'm not sure I would have been able to deal with it for 16 minutes, much less 16 freaking hours. I, like many others, are cheering on her removal from the train, because so often these people label themselves as "victims" despite their complete and total disregard for anything remotely resembling respect in dealing with their fellow man.

I think she should have sat in jail for 16 hours myself.

No comments: