Tuesday, June 26, 2007



Making Friends From Supposed Family Members

My sisters live in a house between where I work and where I live, and where my parents live some five miles away from me. Therefore it's not at all too uncommon to run into them from time to time, be it at Walmart, or out at the farm, or just see them driving by and honking and waving and acting crazy like our entire family tends to do.

Therefore it was no surprise for me, when on my way home from work down highway 75, to see me sister driving along in her Subaru Outback. I was coming up behind her, confirmed it was her when I saw the 20 county license plates on her car, and could see her her in the drivers seat. So I punched the accelerator just a bit, whipped around her, and pulled up almost even, laying into the horn and waving, all the while grinning like a crazy man...

Yah, well, it wasn't her. The lady turned her head, and I realized she didn't have long blond hair, she had long rather white hair, and was probably pushing 60 years old. Her husband (I assume) was in the passenger seat just staring at me like "Who the hell...?" as I drove on by. They did wave back, a small consolation for my bumbling foolish drive by honking.

I guess all in all it isn't too bad. I don't know of anyone else driving a Commemorative Edition SRT-4 around here, with it's distinctive viper racing stripes, so I'd have to say I probably made some new friends. I don't know if I will ever run into them again, but I can tell you this much.... I will never again just assume there is only one 20 county Subaru Outback in the state of Nebraska.

No comments: