Thursday, March 1, 2007


Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful!

So, guess what I woke up to this morning?



At sometime around midnight last night, it began raining, with thunder and lightning, crazy for February. It rained continuously till about 2 in the morning when the temperatures started dropping, as the wind shifted and started blowing out of the north. The temperature went from about 35 down to 15 degrees in about an hour and a half, and it turned into a total white out blizzard.

So, now there is about an inch of ice on the ground, and 8" of snow covering that, with constant 20 mph winds that are gusting to 40 mph. Offutt AFB told all non essential personnel to stay home, the first time that has happened due to weather since 1975, so that should tell you just how bad the weather really is.

In January, the day before I came back, my father mentioned how "We haven't gotten much of any snow, so you shouldn't have too much trouble driving your car around while looking for a job." I have BF Goodrich KDW tires on my car, a fabulous performance tire, absolutely useless on snow and ice. Since I've been back in Nebraska, it has snowed significantly on six different occasions, 4 times bad enough to shut down school, this time being the worst of all. So when this sort of thing happens, I'm stuck at home with my car.

But that's fine, I'm going to be purchasing a cheaper car for winter travel sometime this summer.

Here are some more pictures of this particular great whiteout:









1 comment:

Old Grey Frog said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Pretty! LOL. There is a reason that HTP and I moved to Arizona. A good reason. I don't mind looking at snow or even visiting it for a couple of days but I don't want to live there. LOL.