Friday, December 8, 2006


Daytona 500, "Ahh, the smell of it!"

As odd as this sounds, Elizabeth Arden is releasing a fragrance under the name of Daytona 500. I have to wonder what would happen if you sprayed this on in the bedroom?

"Honey? Do you smell that?" Woman

"Hmm, what do you mean?" Man

"Did you leave the car running in the garage? I smell gasoline, no, smells like someone burning rubber, do you smell that??" Woman

It's interesting how they'll just about sell a name on anything to make a buck these days, and even sillier, a bunch of wives are going to buy their oval track race crazy husbands this stuff for Christmas.

I think I'm going to wait for the Bass Pro Cologne line, with the innovative scents of "Trout", "Bass", and "Marlin". I just can't wait!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I'm not a fan of racing, but fishing I like. I know there's a huge store in Maine that is dedicated fishing and hunting type supplies. I wouldn't be surprised to see an L.L. Bean brand of cologne. I mean, if people will buy the taxidermic fish mounted to a plank that sings, they're likely to spray on Eau de Off-spray. "Not only does it ward off mosquitos, it smells like Budweiser too!" and then take a little severance from the ad within the ad. Haha There are all kinds of marketing ploys. Good spot on that one. An interesting field to study for sure.

P.S. Some unrelated. I added some more onto my page. heh Take it sleazy. Oh, and the word verification has a pseudo-curse word in it: "FAC!" Fac the spiders!