Saturday, September 9, 2006


You Better Not Be Dead, Or Else!!!

I am watching the Armed Forces Network tonite. They have their own commercials on AFN, typically public service and self help type commercials, and they are usually tacky, ignorant, or just downright silly.

So why am I bringing this up? Because I just heard this on one of the AFN commercials:

"Suicide is a threat to individual readiness"

Uh, no shit, Captain Obvious? I realize it's hard to believe, but being dead is quite a detriment to your combat readiness, which is so obviously contrary to popular belief? I mean is that why you feel the need to tell us this?

Can you imagine anyone who would dare challenge this policy? I can see it now: "WHAT? You killed yourself? WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING SOLDIER??? Well, it's UCMJ action for you, you are under immediate disciplinary action, and don't even think of leaving your quarters!!! You are NEVER going to be ready to deploy at this rate!!!"

This really isn't random, either. But this is probably one of the funniest ones I've heard yet.

No comments: