Saturday, June 10, 2006


Oh The Wonderful Military Doctors

Things are going well. When I got back from my two weeks of leave last month I wasn’t feeling too well. Hard to describe but that lethargic feeling was overwhelming, my chest was hurting, I was just run down. I tried running a 10K, and was disappointed terribly with my performance. I ran it in 57 minutes, roughly 8 minutes slower than my last one. Now, I was 10 lbs heavier than I was when I ran the last one, and I hadn’t been running, but even so, I was really disappointed with myself.

So I went in and the military is now doing some blood tests to try and see if they can pinpoint if I have a virus that just won’t go away, bacterial infection, or what. Don’t get your hopes up folks. I wrote down everything I have been feeling over the last two years, all the symptoms, what I think it might be, only to have the jackass military doctor tell me “Oh my, you wasted your time doing all of this, we will run our own tests and stuff, so let me ask you, what do you think is wrong?”

Of course, I wanted to punch the lazy son of a bitch in the face. Rather than take one minute to read over what I had written down, he decides to insult me like that. I wrote it all down so I wouldn’t forget to tell him anything and then he just discounts it with an idiot smile and wave of his hand. Then the audacity to ask a question for which the answer was sitting in his hands. I replied with some sarcasm “You know sir, I have worked on cars for a long time, and when someone comes in with a specific problem and such as, the engine isn’t getting fuel, I don’t start off by checking the tire pressure and the tail lights.”

He got pretty pissed about that comment, which was fine with me. I found his behavior to be ignorant and disrespectful. I smoothed things out by the time I left, I was set up for a blood draw which they did two days later. It will be 3 weeks before the results are in though. I’m feeling a little better lately, which makes me wonder if this is a virus or bacterial infection that keeps flaring up but never completely goes away? I just want to know WHAT it is, you know?

I’ve got a reasonable chance of gaining an E-7 rank while I’m over here in Iraq, as long as a slot opens up somewhere in Nebraska, I’m fairly confident it will. I’m the next in line in the entire state to get a Sergeant First Class ranking. It would make things a lot easier in terms of finding a unit to go to in California, I could just find a slot and spend my next 3 years there. It also means more pay while I’m here in Iraq and that’s important too.

By the way sweety, I do not have a pet elephant.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be

One In A Million – Guns N Roses

1 comment:

Mink said...

Oh, I think you do. You took him back with you to Iraq. I haven't seen him since.