Friday, April 28, 2006


Giddy Anticipation

4 DAYS! That’s right ladies and gentlegerms, 4 days till I get begin my journey back to the most Unitedest of States, and I’m excited!! We had our chaplain’s briefing, in which we were told not to treat this as though we were right back home again, not to try and take over everything for our spouses, and not to get the idea that we are not going back. Something tells me I won’t have that problem, considering this is going to be more like a vacation for me than for most people.

I’m going to a place I have never been, to live in a home I have never lived in, my home, with my wife, with whom I have been fortunate enough to have in my life, she, the cats, and my stuff are the only familiarity I will likely have. So in essence, this will be like taking a 2 week vacation to San Diego, so I won’t really get the idea of ‘home’ other than a reference of things to come. We will probably go to Las Vegas for a weekend, and the last weekend I am there, there is likely to be some big blow out beach party with a bunch of the Marines, hence I have to look good *pumps iron* I don’t want to be that ‘scrawny Army guy’ in the presence of those burly Marines. Like I care, they are a bunch of pansies mwahahahah!!

So anyways, I’m trying to get all my stuff ready, I have a list of things written down, working hard to have everything perfect for my trip home long before I ever head for the terminal, because I HATE always doing shit at the last minute, it seems like a curse on me or something to never be up to date and ready to go for something, I always have to CRAM just like I always did at college for tests hehe. I have my mp3 player loaded up with music for another 24 hour flight. The odd thing about this particular flight is that I’m probably actually going to gain nearly a full day as I head west towards CONUS, so that’s going to be interesting haha, nothing like a one day encore of Groundhog’s Day, this time Bill Murray is flying from Europe to the US of A!


Current Lyrical Ramblings

If I close my eyes
And make a wish
When they open will you be
right here with me

Where Are You Now? – Janet Jackson

No comments: