Tuesday, March 28, 2006



Rest & Relaxation

Isn’t it amazing how a vacation is defined as a break from work, as though it’s a time for ‘rest and relaxation’, when in reality it’s like you try to pack as much crap into a shortened time period as you possibly can. This is no exception, this 4 day pass to Qatar. Last night we ate at the Chili’s here by the pool, and I ate far too much, then slammed down my 3 drinks, 2 Fosters and a Corona, in about 15 minutes, and then I actually felt a little ill. I drank all three of my drinks with orange juice.

Afterwards I called my wife up quick, then headed off to bed, I was beat. Slept till about 7 this morning, up again, called belly again, then at 0900 we headed off to the Hyatt Mall. Quite disappointed, to be honest, the prices are just outrageous here. And the mall itself left a lot to be desired. There really wasn’t much in the way of interesting stuff, in my opinion. I sort of enjoy shopping in Iraq by comparison, because there are so many unique and unexpected items.

Oddly enough, the people of Qatar seem to LOVE coffee. There must have been 6 coffee shops in a mall that was about 2/3 the size of a typical U.S. mall like you’d find back home. I wish I would have bought sunglasses the last place we were at while flying here. The PX here has a horrible selection, and you’ll pay more than 100 dollars for any pair out in the malls.

It was quite hot today, so I got ready when I got back from the mall to head down to the pool. And oh what luck, it suddenly got cloudy and sprinkled on us at the pool, so that was basically pointless. I am having fun though. Tomorrow we are signed up for a tour leaving at 9 in the morning again, this time it’s the inland picnic tour. For now though I’m going to bed. NIGHT!!


Current Lyrical Ramblings

I can't sleep, I keep dreaming of losing you
I feel so alone in the night, scared to open my eyes
I'm in too deep, I'm in over my head this time
Can't get you out of my mind, no matter how hard I try

Say You Will – Foreigner

No comments: