Thursday, March 30, 2006



A Bad Game Of Poker

So, of course I'm still in Qatar on my 4 day pass. The last two groups to come down here from where we are from were here for 8 days. So we were betting on at least a couple extra days while we waited to get a flight out. : ( No such luck. BAH!! More on that later, don't want to give out TMI right now.

Today was pretty fun. We were SUPPOSED to go on the fishing trip, that got changed to the boating cruise, then that got cancelled too so we went to the 4 story mall that is supposedly twice the size of Mall of America. Well folks, let me tell you, Mall of America must be small, or they have misjudged this place. Don't get me wrong, we had fun running up and down 4 stories of mall, and I climbed a rock wall, and slid down a big huge ice ramp on an intertube, raced around in mini go carts chasing two little arab kids and one of my fellow soldiers (I WON!), and visited with an Egyptian local national who told me that I had the best arabic accent (albeit my arabic is limited) that he had ever heard from an American or Western European. I bought some stuff in his shop.

I really over ate during my time here : ( I shouldn't have but I just felt, hey, I have a month before I go home, I'll indulge some. I broke my nice Timex Expedition watch too, oddly enough the corner of the watch broke off, so it wasn't the typical 'band broke' or 'battery died' type of thing. Luckily some super glue seems to have fixed the problem, don't know for how long.

I'm sure I'll post more on a reflection post about this trip, right now I have to go pack. BAH, I wanted an extra two days, this is irritating!!


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Time is wasting
Time is walking
You ain't no friend of mine
I don't know where i'm goin'
I think I'm out of my mind
Thinking about time

Time - Hootie and the Blowfish

No comments: