Friday, April 22, 2005


Fall Fashions For The Stylish Soldier

The Army has a new uniform on it's way, to be distributed out to the bulk of the regular Army in October. But oddly enough, we have received word that for our deployment, rather than getting the desert BDU uniform, we will get the new uniform before 95% of the regular army will get it.

No new word from anyone about deployment. I'm just living life normally, don't really want to let it bug me. What else do you do? Next week for work, I travel to Kearney, Nebraska and take over from Monday thru Friday for our night driver out there who is taking vacation. I get to stay in a nice little three star hotel, internet access, full workout facilities with pool and sauna, a restaurant, etc. It will probably take me a couple of days to figure out where all the little towns are, because even though I mapped them out and printed them off on Yahoo maps, some of businesses didn't even show up.

But, I'm getting paid well for this, so I'm happy about that. Do not be surprised if you are reading this about a month from now and I've gotten another job though, my body takes quite a beating working with windshields and the job overall is just terrible (even though I choose not to really talk about it much on here heheh). Hopefully someone has that job testing easy chairs for 50 bucks an hour??? One can only dream : )


Current Lyrical Ramblings
You clean out your room, and under your bed
Lay a picture long forgotten
With a hand to your head, you sigh out loud
As the memory rushes over - and buries you
- Cry In The Sun, Better Than Ezra

2 comments:

erynthenerd said...

Well, it's a good thing I'm not in the Army. I'm much too fashion forward to wear something that ugly.

And if they made me run more than a block I'm pretty sure I would probably die.

Mink said...

So where are all those awesome posts you keep telling me about. You know, the ones your laptop keeps eating.