Sunday, April 17, 2005



Belly's Time On Leave

We had sooooo much stuff planned out that first day, and for the most part we got to it.

New phone, new coverage plan: went to Alltel, wanted to bitch smack the woman we talked to. "Well, you don't have extended coverage and this phone is out of warranty." Yah, despite the fact that I had to get a new phone only one month before for the SAME problem this one had. Let me just tell you right now, do not EVER EVER EVER buy a Motorola cell phone, they are junk, they are shit, they will not charge. I was stupid enough to purchase the T720, a monumental turd of a phone whose most amazing feature was the ability to have KEY LAG, as stupid as that sounds, on a phone... you push in the number, press dial, send, lift to your ear... waiting, waiting, error recording, then you look, and 'oh, well, one number didn't register.' Along with the completely ignorant charging system that ALWAYS fails, same as it did on the Talkabout, but oh when I bought this one I was assured that they had fixed all of that.

I was getting really ticked, "So basically what you are telling me is that I have a phone that is just over a month old, that is just like brand new, I've never abused it, or anything, it will not charge, and you expect me to pay my monthly bill for the next 8 months without a phone to use???" To this the saleslady didn't have a good response, BECAUSE OF COURSE HER REASONING WAS RIDICULOUS!! So she told us she had to call her manager in some meeting and let us know. In the meantime, we headed out to...

Price engagement rings: so off to the mall we went, Helzbergs, where I learned about the 4 C's of diamonds, clarity, cut, carats, and uh... cash consumption? Hehehe, actually, it was fun, and I'm glad I waited for belly to be home so we could look together, because I would have been really lost as to what exactly she wanted. We ended up looking all over though, there was a lot in our price range, so I was happy about that. We decided not to be too drastic and not buy the ring on the same day we look. While we were at the mall, the Alltel lady called us back and told us it was sorted out, so we headed back over there...

Of course, I had to redo my calling plan to get a new phone, a 40 dollar LG that so far has been 100 times better than that piece of shit Motorola. We also got our calling plan switched over to the National Freedom plan, so that belly and I can talk for free in most areas of the United States. We pay about 20 bucks more a month but it's worth it. Then, after a couple days, when we got home, come to find out the freaking lady screwed me over, she tossed in a car charger that I never asked for, and the phone itself was supposed to be 99 cents, so the 40 dollar charge was not for the phone but for that stupid adapter that I can get for 10 bucks at Walmart. That charger is going back to Alltel, damn, it never ends!! RIPOFF!!

Get my name added to her bank account: We went and got this taken care of, because of some issues that came up while she was away, and I realized I had no way to fix the problem without her approving me to be able to do so. Thankfully I was able to work with them to at least deposit money into the account.

Purchased a lap top for belly to use at MOS school: I didn't realize she actually wanted to buy one this very day, I was under the impression that we were just going to be looking, browsing, but that was okay, I figure if we have to be apart for 8 months or so, that the purchase makes sense, as long as she takes care to protect it and keep it safe and sound, and I'm sure she will. So we came home with a new laptop.

Let's see, some other things... we set up an appointment to get our engagement photos taken, at Walmart of all places, because to be quite honest, they have a really good photo center. We were also going to go test drive an SRT4 *evil grin* but we didn't get a chance : ( The time will come though, oh yes, I will have that car!!

There was more to that day, but those were the big things. Wow, I couldn't believe HOW MUCH CHOCOLATE we had in our house. Talk about completely ridiculous!! Is it blasphemy for me to say that I was actually sick of chocolate? Probably not, for the simple fact that I'm not a female, if I were that might be a horrific statement to make. I mean, we had a TWO POUND CHOCOLATE RABBIT on our table!! Oh, he's gone now, but only after getting my blood chocolate level to maybe .5% or so. Certainly high enough that I shouldn't operate heavy machinery. I think today, the only chocolate left is the dark chocolate bunny in the fridge. He will likely be wrapped up and frozen for belly when she gets home from healing up at Parris Island.

I had to go back to work on Wednesday, Yahhhhhhhh!!! Okay, not really exciting, in fact, quite annoying, but soon... oh yes, I walk away from that place!! Belly got a lot of rest, and that's really what I wanted. It was so wonderful to be able to call home and have her pickup and just hear her voice, I can't believe how much something so apparently miniscule such as that is anything but when you don't have the opportunity. We ate like pigs the entire week, ordered pizza and like 8 movies one day (GEESH, that was a LOT of movies, my silly baby).

Oh, the engagement ring... we found one at Zales, and belly immediately knew it was the one, I could see it in her eyes when she looked at it, so we made arrangements to have it sized, then I picked it up two days later on Thursday.

On the way back home from Zales, I said I wanted to drive up and see the lake, something we normally would do by just walking up there, but with her hip being hurt, I didn't want to do that. Of course, I had a plan with going there, but as we got to the lake, there was a big family picnic and they were on the dock with the gazeebo, which was unfortunate. So we walked down the path around the lake till we got to the first bench, and I got down on one knee and proposed there, and she did not say yes... okay, she said "OF COURSE I WILL" quite forcefully : )

I am so blessed. I sometimes wonder what this woman sees in me, how did I get so tremendously fortunate to wind up with someone this amazing? I used to always wonder how people knew when someone was "the one", and I figured maybe they just settled for someone or something. I now know what the feeling is like. It's a combination, your best friend, someone who enhances every aspect of your life, the first person you want to say good morning to, the person you want to whisper goodnight to every night, to share your life with. Anyways, I guess I'm just trying to say I'm so happy, and so thankful with where my life is at today.

Sunday came far too quickly for us. We had to be at the airport by 7:30, so off we went. Belly used her crutches, so I carried her stuff with her, I got a pass to enter the boarding gate with her. I didn't want to let her go as I hugged her, not knowing just how long she would have to be at Parris Island recovering, not knowing if she would immediately have to go to Marine Combat Training afterwards, or even if she would be able to come home before her MOS school starts. I just knew that I wanted to save that moment, holding her close. Of course the time came to let her go get on the plane. I felt so down on the way home, but all the same, still so proud of my sweety, for everything she has done. It won't be long and we'll be back together again.

Current Lyrical Ramblings: "All along I have wanted you, I pray tonite that you want me to. All along there was no one else, I've been waiting here, all by myself." - All Along, Blessed Union Of Souls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you too, i wish you all the best

kat

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you two, i wish you all the best

kat