Tuesday, March 18, 2003



Well, I'm making frozen pizza tonite, and as I read the directions, right up top, it says "Cook Before Serving"

Could it be that someone actually served a frozen pizza or two at one time without cooking it? Let's see for ourselves:

Dad sits down at table, with son and daughter, awaits mom's entry with food.

Mom comes in carrying pizza on tray.

Son: OH BOY, PIZZA!!!

Dad: oh honey, you make the best meals EVER!!!

Daughter: I wish I wasn't grounded for sneaking out and wrecking the family porche, but at least we have pizza to make up for it.

Mom dishes out a piece to everyone.

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCHITY CRUNCH CRUNCH

Dad: hmm? CRUNCH CRUNCH It's good, but it hurts my teeth to eat it.

Daughter: Mine too, I've never had pizza this cold before. CRUNCH CRUNCH

Son: CRUNCH CRUNCH... OUCH!!! *holds half a front tooth out in his hand

Mom: GASP, OH MY GOD, what have I done wrong??? WHAT COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN WHEN MAKING THIS FANTASTIC MEAL???

Dad/Son/Daughter:CRUNCH CRUNCH OH MY MOUTH HURTS BUT THE PIZZA TASTES SORT OF GOOD?

Mom: OH NO, I FORGOT TO COOK IT!!! If only it had been written in big letters at the top of the directions to cook it before serving, OH THE HUMANITY!!! I have disgraced myself and the family!!!! I AM RUINED!!!

Mom runs to other room and jumps out 2 story bedroom window to her death.

Hmm, I can see why they need that warning on the pizza box about cooking it now, to avoid horrible family tragedy and tooth trouble as seen above.

Now, I know that making a frozen pizza for dinner is pretty darn lazy, but I'm putting shredded cheese on top, along with extra onions and green peppers, and making garlic bread to go with it, so it's better than the normal 'pop in the oven and wait' sort of thing.

Besides, normally we cook yummy meals around here mostly from scratch!!!

No comments: