Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Relief...

Or at least, a bit of it. 

Paying for an empty house is not fun, especially when you can't really move in anywhere until you get the house sold. 

It has been on the market for about a month and a half, which isn't bad, but I'm hard pressed because I need to get my children into school, and right now I don't have a place to live in the town I work in.  So, that being said, the call yesterday to say that we have a tentative buyer is great news.  With a little bad news unfortunately.  But, this bad news I was expecting, when you sell a house that you've bought/refinanced in the last 5 years you are more than likely going to take a hit every time, and I refinanced 3 years ago.

So once all is said and done, I'm probably going to be paying about 4K out of pocket.  When you are paying 1500 a month though, that means in about 3 months you can equalize the loss.  I'm looking at a 60K house near where I work, it isn't much but it's a place to get started again, and it is right by a park and tennis courts and baseball field too, so that would be fantastic for the kids.

I just hope the house sells, after that it's balls to the wall to move on, and my kids and I can be a family again.

No comments: