Friday, April 7, 2006



Trying Something Completely Crazy!!!

Okay, so there is this marathon next weekend here at Tallil to correspond with the Boston Marathon, and a bunch of people in our unit are going to run the relay portion of the marathon, 6 or so miles each, 4 people per relay team. Well, today I decided that rather than try it as a relay member, I'm going to try and run the whole stinking thing by myself. That's right, all 26 miles of it.

So tonite I decided to run 2 laps around this 3.5 mile section of the base. I got 2 laps in and felt pretty good so I went on for 3 laps. At the end of the third lap I still felt pretty good so I went around for a 4th lap. Now, by about a third of the way thru the fourth lap my hips were really starting to hurt and my arches were too. But all in all I'm fairly upbeat about my performance. I ran roughly 14 miles in 1 hour and 56 minutes, and I'm hoping that most of my problems are related to lack of water or sustinance, I didn't drink anything during my run.

I am guessing it was about a 7 mile an hour pace, not too bad. I'm also guessing that around the 16 to 18 mile mark I'm going to hit 'the wall', the point where human physical limits kick in and the mind has to somehow force the body to continue, or you will not be able to go on.

I'm going out tomorrow to drive that loop and measure just how far it is. I'm also going to run a long ways just one more time, probably Tuesday, and then every other day run about 3 miles or so.

I felt pretty good tonite, but there is no telling how I will feel at about 20 miles in next Saturday, YIKES!!


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Don't know where I'm going
But I know where I've been
Look around me everybody's trying to win

Last Mile - Cinderella

1 comment:

Mink said...

I always knew I married a nutter! Good luck Mr. Crazy! ;)