Wednesday, November 2, 2005


Went To A Concerto

So, last night at 1900 they had a concert here at the pavillion just outside of the Taco Bell. Now, I only know of one song that Drowning Pool sings, the "Let the Bodies Hit The Floor" song (which, I realized after putting up as my Ramblings yesterday, may not be the most appropriate due to my current circumstances). They also sing a couple of other songs I'd heard of. I realized though, that I'm really out of the loop when it comes to new good hard rock, due to the complete abscence of such stations now in Omaha. I have seen that there is a "World Satellite Radio" or something like that, that you can get here, I may look into that.

Anyways, back to the concert. The lead singer, who looks exactly like the lead singer from Lynard Skynard, mentioned about midway through the concert that this was only the second night he'd ever performed completely sober, the other being the night before for another show (Muslim law prohibits alcohol use, supposedly, so we try and honor that). The other band members also grumbled about that, which got a rousing cheer from the crowd, who I'm sure could have all used a shot or two of something a little harder than the O'Douls non alcoholic brew that is the closest thing to beer you'll find here (YUCK!!).

The band was really really good though, probably a testemant to NOT drinking or being all dicked up on drugs. God knows I've been to several concerts where that was NOT at all the case (Spin Doctors being the worst I've ever seen, don't even ask me why I went, it was a free college show haha).

The one thing I didn't much care for was the cigarette smoke, but then, if I'm at a concert I've basically entered a smoker's world so to speak, sort of like a few other areas that smokers consider hallowed ground; bars, concerts, their own vehicles, a couple other places. Of course, anyone that knows me knows my viewpoint on smoking, it being about the stupidest habit anyone can pick up because it's like slowly killing yourself.

Bah, getting away from what the topic of the post here. The concert was really good, I ended up getting to bed last night after a little PT and a shower, at about 10:30 pm or so, still getting my body adjusted to the time schedule here, waking up about every hour or so. Today we start actual training at about 1300, I'm actually looking forward to it, to be honest, something to do that actually involves our mission, after a couple of days to acclimate.

Well, time to go sit in line for the DSN telephones haha.


Random Lyrical Ramblings

She said she won't speak of love
Because love she's never known
She said it's moments like these
She hates to be alone

She Said - Collective Soul

1 comment:

gym said...

you will be happy to know that smokers do not have those havens in Southern California. That may be the only reason to live here.