Tuesday, October 11, 2005



Happy Birthday To My Baby!!!

I was still in the field on my sweety's birthday, but I wanted to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to her now, even if it is a little belated!! In related news, I have a plane ticket and I will be visiting her this weekend, lovely way to take advantage of a 4 day pass : )

I'm pretty excited. Last week, we did field training for a week in which we simulated what life and conditions would be for us in a base in the middle east. We had guard towers, guarded gates, tents, all sorts of fun stuff. The week started out with temps in the 95 degree area but by the end of the week we had reached 35 degrees at night, nothing like a 60 degree shift to throw you out of wack. I HATE THE COLD!!

So now our unit has been basically certified to head overseas, and we will probably have a lot of boring days ahead. I expect that I'll also have more time to write here. As for now, I'm preparing to see my wonderful wife this weekend, and spend some time getting to know yet another marine base haha.


Current Lyrical Ramblings

Callin' out your name
I'm dreamin'
Reflections of a face
I'm seein'
It's her voice
That keeps on haunting me

Send Her My Love - Journey

2 comments:

Old Grey Frog said...

Take lots and lots of pictures. Give her lots and lots of hugs from us. Bring her chocolate. LOL. We'll be thinking of you guys...as we drive halfway across the nation to get to warmer weather.

Mink said...

Aw, thankya baby!