Monday, May 17, 2004



New Job Idea

I'm thinking of putting in an application to be a corrections officer here in Omaha. My job at the windshield warehouse is worse than ever, got yelled at today for being 'too slow' with my returns in the morning, when I was sent out by the idiot to pick up a truck right when I got there, and that took me an hour to go get and set me back an hour, obviously.

Also, my elbow is in a lot of pain (and it's not the right one so shut up!! heh), I am certain it has a lot to do with the constant motion of picking up 30 to 75 lb windshields and moving them around and so forth. My big worry is that I would be shit out of luck in terms of health coverage unless I wand to continue my health insurance after I leave, but that would be expensive.

As I understand it, a corrections job pays 14 bucks an hour and can be a spring board to get onto the police force or sheriff's department. I'll need to find out more about it before I can really make a decision. One thing is for sure, a newbie corrections officer is probably fucked in terms of the hours he/she would work, but I think I could handle that.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: