Thursday, November 13, 2003



The Despised "Leap Year"

Next year is that year that comes around every four years, the one that I despise. No, I'm not talking about the traditional "Leap Year" that we all know of, I'm talking about that nasty, stinking, annoying, pure crap presidential election year, and all I have to say about that is a resounding YUCK YUCK BLECK!!!

Every day, we will be blasted with a stinking plethora of steamy political bullshit, a veritable cornucopia of oral feces in the form of news, commercials, editorials, etc, on the radio, on television, in the newspaper, on billboards. It will be force fed to us, 'the masses', as though we are all babies and this is our Gerber Political Food and we need to eat it to survive.

I would love to say that I will be boycotting all of it, but I'm too much of a news junkie myself to avoid reading the paper, or traveling to www.yahoo.com to see the headlines, or catching the latest news breaks on CNN.

I have to wonder sometimes: was it always like this? I mean, nowadays, rather than run on any real political platform with easy to understand agendas and clear cut opinions on the issues that concern 'the masses', presidential hopefuls instead spend all their time trying to make all the other candidates look worse than themselves. By the time November rolls around, each candidate has degraded himself, and been degraded by others to such an extent that it's like choosing the best pile of horse dung; none seem to be good, so you look for the one that has the least stink.

Was there ever a time when the candidates campaigned on their own opinions, when they let us all know what they thought, where their passions lay? If there was, I sure don't remember it. And here we go again, another leap year filled with the stench of waist deep spouting political bullshit, try not to drown folks.


No comments: