Monday, April 21, 2003



The Lights Are On But No One's Home

Easter night, we wanted to go get ourselves a sandwich from Subway, well, I did, and Deanna was going to have Subway for dinner because that's what I wanted (don't fret, feminists, she actually likes when I choose where to eat). There are two Subway's withing proximity to where we live, one about a mile south, and one about 3 miles north. We went south, I saw the big Subway sign was all lit up, they were closed. So we went north, the big Subway sign was also lit up, they were closed. We drove past Little King, sign lit up, store closed. Valentino's pizza, sign lit up, store closed.

Now, I understand it is Easter and all, it's not the fact that they are closed that I have a problem with, it's the idea that they LEAVE THE FREAKING BIG SIGN ON SO FROM A MILE AWAY, HUNGER REARS IT'S UGLY HEAD WITHIN ME AND I LOOK FORWARD TO EATING A PARTICULAR TYPE OF FOOD ONLY TO HAVE MY GOURMET DREAMS SHATTERED BY THE FAUX SECURITY OF AN OPEN WARM INVITING RESTAURANT!!! Whew, sorry about getting all worked up, but you have to understand, I wanted Subway, badly. Thankfully, Burger King opened his royal arms and took us in without question, cuddling our hunger as only broiled beef can.

I won't even go into what went on at McDonald's Saturday, waiting for 20 freaking McNugget's and a large fry. All in all I would say the weekend finished as follows:

Fast Food - 2
Me - 0

I'll get 'em next time!!!

No comments: